Thursday, October 23, 2008

Big City; Downtown


Here's the thing.


Big cities and Casey do NOT mix.


Remember how awesome Ferris Beuller made the big city sound to Cameron when they took their day off? Lies. Lies and faux positive imagery.


Two days ago, I got pulled over just inside the Epcot cast parking. Yeah, the deuche cop followed me all the way in and waited till the precise moment to flip his siren, to let everyone know that the big, poweful cop found an evil-doer and was now going to thwart said villain with all his mighty power.


The rest of that story is for another time. What you need to know for this story is that he gave me a ticket that I can fix. It's some sort of new fangled policy that if I removed the tinting on my windows (yeah, thats what I got pulled over for. TINTED WINDOWS. What the hell?!) with in a 30 day period, I could go have it inspected at Orange County police headquarters and if the sign off on it, I no longer have to pay the ludicrous fines.


Nutshell: Removed the tining (hours of tedious chizeling with a small razor), time to go to OCPDHQ. Mapquest it. Driving there, instructions literally fly out the window. I try to recreate the directions in my head, fail miserably, waste an hour in a stupid city full of one way streets, scream for 2.5 minutes, then drove home miserable.


So that was my day. How was yours?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love your photos....they are really nice...

    ReplyDelete